Sunday, June 19, 2016

Fun DIY Skirt!


I'll begin by saying that I suck at sewing. I don't do it often and when I do, I generally do a rushed job of hand sewing. Sewing machines are just.. complicated. Too complicated for me anyway. Recently, however, my mom decided to begin teaching me how to use one of those complicated machines. I didn't do any of the sewing this time around, but I did watch as she showed me what to do, told me about the different parts of the machine, and about different stitch patterns. She said that making a skirt is an easy way to begin learning to sew so that's what we did with the shirt featured above. She simply cut the top off of the shirt, hemmed the top edge of what would eventually be the skirt on the right, leaving an opening, and then worked elastic all the way through! It's cute and comfy! And, it was relatively easy to make! And no worries about hemming the bottom edge because it was already hemmed for us! :p

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Frugal Fashionista's Thrifty Blog Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang

Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables us to put more time into this blog and sharing our tips with you that will help you save money. Thank you! :)