Monday, December 14, 2015

DIY Coffee Scrub

Being an Instagram addict, I have been seeing a lot of Frank Body posts lately. People seem pretty obsessed with it, but the Frank Body coffee scrubs run $15 or more (and you have to wait for them in the mail)! Come on! So, I bought a 20 oz. jar at Dollar General for $2 and made my OWN coffee scrub! Now, I originally found this recipe in a cute little book entitled, "Welcome Home" (Placzek, 80). But, I have tweaked it and perfected it to my satisfaction (original recipe was too oily).


Cup of Joe Sugar Scrub

1/4 cup fresh coffee grounds

3 tablespoons white sugar

2 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder

1 tablespoon olive oil/or almond oil/or coconut oil

1 tablespoon water

(ALL RELATIVELY CHEAP STUFF EASILY FOUND IN THE KITCHEN! YAY!)



Simply mix all of these ingredients together in a mixing bowl, then add to jar. For a 20 oz. jar like mine, you have to make like 6 batches worth I wanna say? I can't recall for certain, but it still only put a dent in my can of coffee and my container of sugar. So this scrub certainly goes a long way. Not to mention, the application doesn't require much. 

I would recommend applying this coffee scrub while in the shower, as it is very messy. Scrub in circular motions all over your body, although I would suggest avoiding the genital area (for obvious reasons - ouch!). You can apply it to your face as well, but be a little more stringent with use if your face tends to be on the more oily side, naturally. Let the scrub sit on your skin for five minutes and then rinse off. Fair warning: you will be left incredibly, beautifully soft; you will not want to stop touching your body, haha! Also, you will smell lightly of coffee, which is pretty fantastic. Who doesn't love the smell of coffee?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Frugal Fashionista's Thrifty Blog Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang

Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables us to put more time into this blog and sharing our tips with you that will help you save money. Thank you! :)