Sunday, September 27, 2015

Salvation Army treasures!

On a recent trip to a nearby Salvation Army, I managed to find two really great finds. The first, being a cute pair of glam heels for only $2.50!! They are incredibly comfortable and versatile. I plan on wearing them on Halloween and incorporating them into my own, DIY sorceress costume. I also think they would be cute for the holidays, worn with a pair of tights.




My second find makes me really happy. A bohemian/hippy style maxi skirt. Only $3! If you have ever window shopped for bohemian clothes online, in the mall, etc., you know that bohemian style does NOT come cheap! But, if you hit up your local Salvation Army, or any other thrift store/flea market for that matter, you may be lucky enough to find some super cheap bohemian threads of your own!



Also, I would like to add that I personally prefer Salvation Army to Goodwill. Salvation Army seems to be more reasonably priced.  Not to mention, I seem to find the coolest stuff at Salvation Army every time I go, whereas at Goodwill, I may find something cool once in a while.

In addition, you are more likely to find cool, one of a kind stuff right after the weekend because it is during the weekend that the thrift shop staff tend to put the most stuff out. So Mondays and Tuesdays! And, get there early! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

The Frugal Fashionista's Thrifty Blog Template by Ipietoon Cute Blog Design and Waterpark Gambang

Affiliate Disclosure: I am grateful to be of service and bring you content free of charge. In order to do this, please note that when you click links and purchase items, in most (not all) cases I will receive a referral commission. Your support in purchasing through these links enables us to put more time into this blog and sharing our tips with you that will help you save money. Thank you! :)